You have not yet responded to the forum.

Here you will find the last 3 forum topics
you have posted a comment on.
+ add shout
Laboratory
New comp coming up soon!! 0:)
0 | 0 | 0 | 0
0%
To join the forums you need to be logged in.

Click here to register your own account for free and I will personally explain to you how you can stat making your own fans and popdollars.
> Close
Helper
20 of the 24 stars earned

Forum

Forum team < Virtual Popstar Page: | Next | Last
FT: B-side tracks!
Vissy
Popstar



  



In kpop when there is an album there is usually one title track and the rest of the songs on the album are usually b-sides.
The term comes from vinyls when they actually had a b-side on the record where the title track was on the a-side.

edit// I know this is not the original meaning of the term but feel free to use that if ya prefer using that


So I wanted to create a discussion to talk about our favorite non-title tracks, whether it be kpop or not, lets give some love to the b-sides too!


Is there any b-side that could have easily been a title track instead?

Private
Popstar



I don't understand  
Like a track that comes with an album, but it's not apart of the album or? 
Vissy
Popstar



Ella wrote:
I don't understand  
Like a track that comes with an album, but it's not apart of the album or? 
comes in the album, tho if they were singles before the album they count too i guess
Vissy
Popstar



Vissy wrote:
Ella wrote:
I don't understand  
Like a track that comes with an album, but it's not apart of the album or? 
comes in the album, tho if they were singles before the album they count too i guess
so like in blackpink's the ablum 4 example lovesick girls is the title and the rest are bsides with ice cream and how you like that being also pre-release singles
Callum
Minister of Pop



so they have 1 single per album? 
Private
International star



Occasionally, the B-side of a single would become the more popular song. This sometimes occurred because a DJ preferred the B-side to its A-side and played it instead. Some examples include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor (originally the B-side of "Substitute" ), "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (originally the B-side of "Play That Funky Music" )
Vissy
Popstar



Snusmumrikken wrote:
Occasionally, the B-side of a single would become the more popular song. This sometimes occurred because a DJ preferred the B-side to its A-side and played it instead. Some examples include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor (originally the B-side of "Substitute" ), "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (originally the B-side of "Play That Funky Music" )
thanks teacher
Private
International star



Vissy wrote:
Snusmumrikken wrote:
Occasionally, the B-side of a single would become the more popular song. This sometimes occurred because a DJ preferred the B-side to its A-side and played it instead. Some examples include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor (originally the B-side of "Substitute" ), "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (originally the B-side of "Play That Funky Music" )
thanks teacher
Ice Ice Baby was the only b-side track I could remember lol 
Vissy
Popstar



but like one of my favorite bsides is this, such a bop
Vissy
Popstar



Snusmumrikken wrote:
Vissy wrote:
Snusmumrikken wrote:
Occasionally, the B-side of a single would become the more popular song. This sometimes occurred because a DJ preferred the B-side to its A-side and played it instead. Some examples include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor (originally the B-side of "Substitute" ), "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (originally the B-side of "Play That Funky Music" )
thanks teacher
Ice Ice Baby was the only b-side track I could remember lol 
haha, but ye have never heard of those a-sides so they definitely werent as good then
Private
International star



Vissy wrote:
Snusmumrikken wrote:
Vissy wrote:
thanks teacher
Ice Ice Baby was the only b-side track I could remember lol 
haha, but ye have never heard of those a-sides so they definitely werent as good then
ice ice baby is his only hit
Vissy
Popstar



Snusmumrikken wrote:
Vissy wrote:
Snusmumrikken wrote:
Ice Ice Baby was the only b-side track I could remember lol 
haha, but ye have never heard of those a-sides so they definitely werent as good then
ice ice baby is his only hit
yeah lmao
Private
Popstar



Ohhh i googled it, i get it now! 

I would post some stray kids, but im not sure which was the promoted or not of their old music 
Vissy
Popstar



Is there any b-side that could have easily been a title track instead?

i really wished silent night would have been a title it's so good, didnt like deja vu that much in comparison that was the title track on the mini album, here is both for comparison


Vissy
Popstar



Ella wrote:
Ohhh i googled it, i get it now! 

I would post some stray kids, but im not sure which was the promoted or not of their old music 

Vissy
Popstar



Vissy wrote:
Ella wrote:
Ohhh i googled it, i get it now! 

I would post some stray kids, but im not sure which was the promoted or not of their old music 

it has line distribution but it also has the songs!
In order to respond to forum topics, your level must be at least Youtube star. Read here how to earn more fans.
To load new posts: activated
Page: | Next | Last