You have not yet responded to the forum.

Here you will find the last 3 forum topics
you have posted a comment on.
0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
0%
+ add shout
talent
my mother’s side
To join the forums you need to be logged in.

Click here to register your own account for free and I will personally explain to you how you can start getting your own fans and, making popdollars.
> Close
Helper
13 of the 24 stars earned

Forum

Forum team < Virtual Popstar First | Previous | Page:
FT: Yes, No, Maybe so Media
elisia
National Star



Sylvan wrote:
Chat0yant wrote:
Sylvan wrote:
How, there's a whole sub plot where she's an author
is she supposed to have written the books that inspired the show with her in it, thus breaking the 4th wall paradoxically?  I remember the character was an author, I just never connected that to meaning the show was based on a book. I believe you, though!
Yes and no.
She's an author in the show and in the later seasons there's an episode where they adapt her books into a movie and brennan is very unhappy with the adaptation when she visits the movie set and then someone gets murdered and brennan investigates the murder on set. 

The TV show is only a loose adaptation though afaik.
But I have only read one of the almost 30 books.
Castle also has books! It sounds like a similar situation too, and the castle books are very fun
Godis
World Famous



I don't remember what the TV program was called, but the text describing the program sounded good, but then when I watched it, it wasn't a fun program at all and wasn't good either.
Chat0yant
World Famous



elisia wrote:
1. Has there been content you thought you would dislike but then loved?🌟🌟🌟2. Have you ever been so excited for a piece of content but then hated it?🌟🌟🌟3. Have you ever been confused all throughout a piece of content?


1: Five nights at Freddy's. Ive always hated horror but the lore goes so deep and I absolutely love how much love the game, the creator, and (most) of the fandom has for the series.

2. The Uglies TV show. I love the book, its a fantastic coming of age into a technological world that hates individuals. There was SO MUCH POTENTIAL for modern day adaptations to the original source. And the series is so flat. What a letdown.
Also the new PJO series. I will not elaborate

3. LORD OF THE RINGS. I tried, I really tried. But I cannot read it. I cant remember who is who, where is where, and Gandalf never shuts up. But somehow also never actually gives you an answer. It was infuriating and I had to give up
FNAF yes! I don't mind horror but I don't like that style, but even I want to play it just for the lore!

I never saw the uglies tv show but I did read the manga (ish, it's american-y if I remember) adaptation of the book a while ago 
Chat0yant
World Famous



Godis wrote:
I don't remember what the TV program was called, but the text describing the program sounded good, but then when I watched it, it wasn't a fun program at all and wasn't good either.
big oof! Been there though... 
elisia
National Star



Chat0yant wrote:
elisia wrote:
1. Has there been content you thought you would dislike but then loved?🌟🌟🌟2. Have you ever been so excited for a piece of content but then hated it?🌟🌟🌟3. Have you ever been confused all throughout a piece of content?


1: Five nights at Freddy's. Ive always hated horror but the lore goes so deep and I absolutely love how much love the game, the creator, and (most) of the fandom has for the series.

2. The Uglies TV show. I love the book, its a fantastic coming of age into a technological world that hates individuals. There was SO MUCH POTENTIAL for modern day adaptations to the original source. And the series is so flat. What a letdown.
Also the new PJO series. I will not elaborate

3. LORD OF THE RINGS. I tried, I really tried. But I cannot read it. I cant remember who is who, where is where, and Gandalf never shuts up. But somehow also never actually gives you an answer. It was infuriating and I had to give up
FNAF yes! I don't mind horror but I don't like that style, but even I want to play it just for the lore!

I never saw the uglies tv show but I did read the manga (ish, it's american-y if I remember) adaptation of the book a while ago 
It is an american "manga" theres a lot of those and some are better than others lol
Aeipathy
Popstar



1. Has there been content you thought you would dislike but then loved?
My boyfriend and I recently finished playing Big Walk and that was definitely one of those!! He had suggested it and I'm always down to try a new game that we can play together, but I thought it would be really boring. We both got super addicted and it was just such a unique and wonderful game, we both cried a little when we finished it 🥺

2. Have you ever been so excited for a piece of content but then hated it?

First thing I thought of was the movie Annihilation. I found out about it through tiktok clips of the scene with the bear with the skull face and thought it looked super cool, but then I watched the movie and the bear was actually only in that scene and I didn't vibe with the rest of it at all. 

3. Have you ever been confused all throughout a piece of content?
I'm sure I there's specific examples but I can't think of any atm. But I generally don't love fantasy books, games, movies, etc. where there's a whole new language to learn bc I can never keep up. Like a million locations, factions, family names, etc. to memorize. Divergent was the only exception to that kind of thing for me, but that one wasn't too heavy on that sort of stuff. 
Chat0yant
World Famous



Aeipathy wrote:
1. Has there been content you thought you would dislike but then loved?
My boyfriend and I recently finished playing Big Walk and that was definitely one of those!! He had suggested it and I'm always down to try a new game that we can play together, but I thought it would be really boring. We both got super addicted and it was just such a unique and wonderful game, we both cried a little when we finished it 🥺

2. Have you ever been so excited for a piece of content but then hated it?

First thing I thought of was the movie Annihilation. I found out about it through tiktok clips of the scene with the bear with the skull face and thought it looked super cool, but then I watched the movie and the bear was actually only in that scene and I didn't vibe with the rest of it at all. 

3. Have you ever been confused all throughout a piece of content?
I'm sure I there's specific examples but I can't think of any atm. But I generally don't love fantasy books, games, movies, etc. where there's a whole new language to learn bc I can never keep up. Like a million locations, factions, family names, etc. to memorize. Divergent was the only exception to that kind of thing for me, but that one wasn't too heavy on that sort of stuff. 
I've never heard of your 1 and 2. but I get your point in 3! I actually really love world lore and stuff like that, but some stories throw so many unfamiliar names and words that i have to practically keep a compendium to remember who's who and what everything is. At that point, it does get a little tedious...
Post comment
Post Comment
To load new posts: activated
First | Previous | Page: