You have not yet responded to the forum.

Here you will find the last 3 forum topics
you have posted a comment on.
0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
0%
+ add shout
To join the forums you need to be logged in.

Click here to register your own account for free and I will personally explain to you how you can start getting your own fans and, making popdollars.
> Close
Helper
20 of the 24 stars earned

Forum

Game < Virtual Popstar First | Previous | Page: | Next | Last
Poll: What do you think of the new color for the progress bar?
Love it
29%
2
Change it (tell us how)
43%
3
Revert back to green
29%
2
The end date of this poll has expired on 15-03-2026 05:00
Core team Updates
Olympus
Popstar



Sylvan wrote:
bexxi wrote:
im like allergic to changed designs but also vp really needs to get modern coding like ............ i guess its necessary evil
I'm really not trying to be a negative nancy but I still don't really understand why it can't look the same or very similar on the front end with modern code in the back end. 
my guess: probably because some of the additions or things that need to be removed, will make the site look different regardless and some parts of it will need to be optimized to match the changing aspects visually. something like the wardrobe, games and shops will not be able to look the same should they be optimized

they can probably get it similar, but not everything will be the exact same 
Olympus
Popstar



lowkey we need to open our hearts to the fact that, we want/need more people on here. we don't want the charm to be lost to modern design, but it also needs to be refreshed and interesting enough to keep NEW people online too 
enbette
Minister of Pop



Olympus wrote:
Sylvan wrote:
bexxi wrote:
im like allergic to changed designs but also vp really needs to get modern coding like ............ i guess its necessary evil
I'm really not trying to be a negative nancy but I still don't really understand why it can't look the same or very similar on the front end with modern code in the back end. 
my guess: probably because some of the additions or things that need to be removed, will make the site look different regardless and some parts of it will need to be optimized to match the changing aspects visually. something like the wardrobe, games and shops will not be able to look the same should they be optimized

they can probably get it similar, but not everything will be the exact same 

That's one of the reasons behind the rework as a whole yeah (+ too much trouble working with unorganized 13k lines style file, easier to start from scratch), and imo vp design has not aged well like some retro aesthetic stylish thingy (that's the reason for the general aesthetic update)
I'm occasionally bragging about me being coder here to my uni friends and absolutely no one compliments the design (both the technical side ofc and the style)

Also, I actually had the issue while making my extension where I had to spend time to 'downgrade' my styles to make it fit the site, I can't keep doing it for every planned advanced feature
Solar
National Star



Olympus wrote:
Sylvan wrote:
bexxi wrote:
im like allergic to changed designs but also vp really needs to get modern coding like ............ i guess its necessary evil
I'm really not trying to be a negative nancy but I still don't really understand why it can't look the same or very similar on the front end with modern code in the back end. 
my guess: probably because some of the additions or things that need to be removed, will make the site look different regardless and some parts of it will need to be optimized to match the changing aspects visually. something like the wardrobe, games and shops will not be able to look the same should they be optimized

they can probably get it similar, but not everything will be the exact same 
yes
i also think there's a lot of stuff that can just look better if we allow it to yaknow, like sometimes you don't see how much better it can be until the change is there 
aside from that though i think the most important part about the revamp is that we all get a say in it if we want to put in our two cents 
Private
National Star



enbette wrote:
Olympus wrote:
Sylvan wrote:
I'm really not trying to be a negative nancy but I still don't really understand why it can't look the same or very similar on the front end with modern code in the back end. 
my guess: probably because some of the additions or things that need to be removed, will make the site look different regardless and some parts of it will need to be optimized to match the changing aspects visually. something like the wardrobe, games and shops will not be able to look the same should they be optimized

they can probably get it similar, but not everything will be the exact same 

That's one of the reasons behind the rework as a whole yeah (+ too much trouble working with unorganized 13k lines style file, easier to start from scratch), and imo vp design has not aged well like some retro aesthetic stylish thingy (that's the reason for the general aesthetic update)
I'm occasionally bragging about me being coder here to my uni friends and absolutely no one compliments the design (both the technical side ofc and the style)

Also, I actually had the issue while making my extension where I had to spend time to 'downgrade' my styles to make it fit the site, I can't keep doing it for every planned advanced feature
I really really don't want to seem rude but this kinda reads a bit tone deaf. I mean no disrespect but many users (myself included as well as many of the users who kept this site running by supplying their skills for designs or volunteering in other important ways) like the design the way it is. And again, no hate to the designer of the proposed first draft but it hardly looks like an upgrade in terms of 'general aesthetic'. Sorry. 

I'm just worried that if you strip vp of its character what's going to be left? It's cool that you took this on as 'your project' but vp is and always has been about collaboration. 
Olympus
Popstar



Sylvan wrote:
enbette wrote:
Olympus wrote:
my guess: probably because some of the additions or things that need to be removed, will make the site look different regardless and some parts of it will need to be optimized to match the changing aspects visually. something like the wardrobe, games and shops will not be able to look the same should they be optimized

they can probably get it similar, but not everything will be the exact same 

That's one of the reasons behind the rework as a whole yeah (+ too much trouble working with unorganized 13k lines style file, easier to start from scratch), and imo vp design has not aged well like some retro aesthetic stylish thingy (that's the reason for the general aesthetic update)
I'm occasionally bragging about me being coder here to my uni friends and absolutely no one compliments the design (both the technical side ofc and the style)

Also, I actually had the issue while making my extension where I had to spend time to 'downgrade' my styles to make it fit the site, I can't keep doing it for every planned advanced feature
I really really don't want to seem rude but this kinda reads a bit tone deaf. I mean no disrespect but many users (myself included as well as many of the users who kept this site running by supplying their skills for designs or volunteering in other important ways) like the design the way it is. And again, no hate to the designer of the proposed first draft but it hardly looks like an upgrade in terms of 'general aesthetic'. Sorry. 

I'm just worried that if you strip vp of its character what's going to be left? It's cool that you took this on as 'your project' but vp is and always has been about collaboration. 
the first draft was never going to look like an upgrade because they were just mapping stuff out and decided to show us that they are working on the site
enbette
Minister of Pop



Sylvan wrote:
enbette wrote:
Olympus wrote:
my guess: probably because some of the additions or things that need to be removed, will make the site look different regardless and some parts of it will need to be optimized to match the changing aspects visually. something like the wardrobe, games and shops will not be able to look the same should they be optimized

they can probably get it similar, but not everything will be the exact same 

That's one of the reasons behind the rework as a whole yeah (+ too much trouble working with unorganized 13k lines style file, easier to start from scratch), and imo vp design has not aged well like some retro aesthetic stylish thingy (that's the reason for the general aesthetic update)
I'm occasionally bragging about me being coder here to my uni friends and absolutely no one compliments the design (both the technical side ofc and the style)

Also, I actually had the issue while making my extension where I had to spend time to 'downgrade' my styles to make it fit the site, I can't keep doing it for every planned advanced feature
I really really don't want to seem rude but this kinda reads a bit tone deaf. I mean no disrespect but many users (myself included as well as many of the users who kept this site running by supplying their skills for designs or volunteering in other important ways) like the design the way it is. And again, no hate to the designer of the proposed first draft but it hardly looks like an upgrade in terms of 'general aesthetic'. Sorry. 

I'm just worried that if you strip vp of its character what's going to be left? It's cool that you took this on as 'your project' but vp is and always has been about collaboration. 

Sorry if I'm rude it's never intentional, but we can't stay the same if we want vp to live. It's just that we kinda have to compete with at least 2 other dress up sites and this kind of site design doesn't help with bringing new people here. I know it's a complex issue (not just design) and I personally like the current site more than gsm but we're not going to survive & grow without some big change 

We'll see how the next draft will turn out (and I hope I'll make most of server side changes sooner, September is a really busy month for me)



I actually knew about vp since 2017 (sis always talked about some drama here haha), so I have nostalgic feelings about it too. For me most of the vp's soul comes from stuff we couldn't show on that draft, like tutorial popup with that vp mascot (?) and (that's right) bodyguard and overall forum's atmosphere (which you guys create yourself). It's not going to disappear if we make corners round or reorganize some containers on home page
Doll
Popstar



i am not sure if this has been suggested before about the wardrobe update, but it would be nice if we had a favorite items button so we would have an easier time finding them and not clogging our wishlists up. 
and also making it possible to search for multiple things at the same time. like for example a designer and things on our wishlist from that specific designer. or sold out items from a specific designer etc. 
though i understand if it is too much work so absolutely no hard feelings if it cannot be implemented : D
elisia
National Star



Doll wrote:
i am not sure if this has been suggested before about the wardrobe update, but it would be nice if we had a favorite items button so we would have an easier time finding them and not clogging our wishlists up. 
and also making it possible to search for multiple things at the same time. like for example a designer and things on our wishlist from that specific designer. or sold out items from a specific designer etc. 
though i understand if it is too much work so absolutely no hard feelings if it cannot be implemented : D
These are great suggestions and have absolutely been suggested before!

The desire to rebuild from the ground up will *Hopefully* give us more freedom to do things like that. A nother idea that I am a big fan of (not guaranteed) are things like tags (exaple: plaid, solid, asymmetrical, goth, etc.) Because the catalog at this point is... extensive
Doll
Popstar



elisia wrote:
Doll wrote:
i am not sure if this has been suggested before about the wardrobe update, but it would be nice if we had a favorite items button so we would have an easier time finding them and not clogging our wishlists up. 
and also making it possible to search for multiple things at the same time. like for example a designer and things on our wishlist from that specific designer. or sold out items from a specific designer etc. 
though i understand if it is too much work so absolutely no hard feelings if it cannot be implemented : D
These are great suggestions and have absolutely been suggested before!

The desire to rebuild from the ground up will *Hopefully* give us more freedom to do things like that. A nother idea that I am a big fan of (not guaranteed) are things like tags (exaple: plaid, solid, asymmetrical, goth, etc.) Because the catalog at this point is... extensive
it was silly of me to expect something so crucial wasn't suggested before dsjnd 
but i am really glad that they are taken into consideration hehe
and the idea about tags is very smart and useful too though i believe it would take a whole lot of work to actually sort all the items on the site 
enbette
Minister of Pop



Doll wrote:
i am not sure if this has been suggested before about the wardrobe update, but it would be nice if we had a favorite items button so we would have an easier time finding them and not clogging our wishlists up. 
and also making it possible to search for multiple things at the same time. like for example a designer and things on our wishlist from that specific designer. or sold out items from a specific designer etc. 
though i understand if it is too much work so absolutely no hard feelings if it cannot be implemented : D

Feels like favorite items are mentioned like every time we ask about ideas haha, filter update is in plans (simply because I'll have to rewrite them anyway)


Our current wardrobe behavior is really weird when you open couple of wd tabs, it will be more user friendly (it will not reload your look and filters if you open 2 wd tabs)
You'll still be able to try on other people's clothes though (I don't remember if we have any other 'advanced' uses of the buggy wd which I have to preserve)
Doll
Popstar



enbette wrote:
Doll wrote:
i am not sure if this has been suggested before about the wardrobe update, but it would be nice if we had a favorite items button so we would have an easier time finding them and not clogging our wishlists up. 
and also making it possible to search for multiple things at the same time. like for example a designer and things on our wishlist from that specific designer. or sold out items from a specific designer etc. 
though i understand if it is too much work so absolutely no hard feelings if it cannot be implemented : D

Feels like favorite items are mentioned like every time we ask about ideas haha, filter update is in plans (simply because I'll have to rewrite them anyway)


Our current wardrobe behavior is really weird when you open couple of wd tabs, it will be more user friendly (it will not reload your look and filters if you open 2 wd tabs)
You'll still be able to try on other people's clothes though (I don't remember if we have any other 'advanced' uses of the buggy wd which I have to preserve)
i thought of looking if it had been suggested before so i wouldn't bring it up again but then i got lazy  so sorry

and omg yeah that would actually be so nice too i have had my looks reset so many times because of that bug
it is really really nice that you are putting so much hard work into this. i wish you a lot of luck and take it easy 
Olympus
Popstar



Olympus wrote:
can we get a edit price button for our sale items 
enbette would this one be a harder or easier one to implement? 
enbette
Minister of Pop



Olympus wrote:
Olympus wrote:
can we get a edit price button for our sale items 
enbette would this one be a harder or easier one to implement? 

That's easy, it's also one of the easiest pages to update (not counting simple text info pages), unless I remember some complex features that I said I'll do haha
Olympus
Popstar



enbette wrote:
Olympus wrote:
Olympus wrote:
can we get a edit price button for our sale items 
enbette would this one be a harder or easier one to implement? 

That's easy, it's also one of the easiest pages to update (not counting simple text info pages), unless I remember some complex features that I said I'll do haha
oh period! is it easier bc it has newer code or is the code for it just basic
Post comment
Post Comment
To load new posts: activated
First | Previous | Page: | Next | Last